The Desview V5 monitor allows not only viewing, but also recording and playing back video footage stored on a memory card. The device supports FullHD resolution and input signal transmission with a maximum resolution of 4096 x 2160p. The touch screen provides convenient operation of functions, among which there are such solutions as: HDR, gamma correction, color temperature adjustment, False Color, Histogram, Vectroscope, Waveform, Zebra and Peaking. 2800 nits of brightness and 99.5% coverage of the DCI-P3 color space guarantee excellent image quality. Desview V5 offers the ability to upload 150 custom LUT presets. Various power options allow for convenient operation both in the studio and outdoors. The housing made of high-quality aluminum guarantees durability and lightness.
Main Product Features
- view monitor with recording function
- equipped with a 5.5 “LED touchscreen
- possibility to record video footage in MP4 format on a memory card
- playback function of stored videos
- impressive brightness of 2800 nits
- 99.5% coverage of the DCI-P3 color space
- native resolution of 1920 x 1080 px (FullHD)
- offers input signal transmission with a maximum resolution of 4096 x 2160p @ 24 Hz
- equipped with HDMI 1.4 output and input
- includes HDMI / micro HDMI and HDMI / mini HDMI cable
- support for HDR mode / gamma correction / color temperature adjustment
- tools for easy control of the captured image (False Color, Single Color, Histogram, Vectroscope, Waveform, RGB Waveform, Zebra, Peaking)
- support for various aspect ratios (including anamorphic image)
- adjustment of image brightness, contrast, sharpness and saturation
- grids, screen markers and safe area
- support for 3D LUT arrays in CUBE format
- possibility to upload 150 custom 3D LUT presets
- 3 programmable function buttons
- 3 power options – power supply (DC 7 – 24 V), NP-F battery or V-Mount battery (D-Tap cable included)
- housing made of high-quality aircraft-grade aluminum
- 3.5mm mini jack headphone output
- 2 female 1/4″ threads for vertical or horizontal monitor installation
- cold shoe mount included (convenient installation on camera or mount)
- also included: SD card (32 GB), microSD / SD memory card adapter, Allen wrench and microfiber cloth
The Desview V5 preview monitor is equipped with a 5.5″ touch screen. Its brightness is as high as 2,800 nits, which ensures a clear image even when you work in bright sunlight. With 99.5% coverage of the DCI-P3 color space and 10-bit color depth, the Desview V5 accurately reproduces what you want to show in your videos, providing exceptional natural image quality.
One of the most important advantages of the Desview V5 preview monitor is the recording function. You can not only control the recorded image in real time, but also save it to a memory card. The monitor supports recording in MP4 format with a maximum resolution of FullHD, which guarantees high image quality. Your video footage will be automatically divided into files with a maximum size of 3.6 GB. Desview V5 is a reliable way to backup. Saved videos will be stored not only in the camera or camcorder, but also on additional media (32 GB memory card included). In case of failure or data loss, the backup will let you rest easy.
The Desview V5 monitor is not only a high-quality preview and the ability to record video footage on a memory card. You can use the device as a portable movie player. With the option to view content saved in MP4 files, you can instantly run video footage and check whether the shot recorded moments earlier meets all your expectations. This will save you valuable time on set and quickly make the necessary doubles if necessary.
Top performance quality
The Desview V5 preview monitor is distinguished by its high build quality. The sturdy housing is made of aircraft-grade aluminum, which ensures optimal light weight (318 g), as well as scratch and drop resistance. This gives you the assurance that the monitor will stay with you for many years. Specially contoured corners are an additional protection against accidental bruises. The modern design makes the device fit perfectly into the aesthetics of professional tools used on film sets.
Multiple power ways
The Desview V5 preview monitor will work well both in the studio and outdoors. This is because the device supports multiple power ways. If you have an electrical outlet nearby, reach for an AC adapter. And when you’re working outdoors or want to avoid tangled cables, use an NP-F battery pack (NP-F550, NP-F750 or NP-F970). You will plug the cell into a special socket with a solid locking mechanism. You will also find a D-Tap cable included with the monitor, which will allow you to connect the device to a V-Mount battery pack.
Power supply or batteries MUST be purchased separately.
Preview with color correction (3D LUT)
The Desview V5 preview monitor enables the use of 3D color tables. This means that already at the recording stage you will apply so-called LUTs, effects that can be compared to filters, which are responsible for color correction of video images. The device has its own library of ready-made presets, but the possibilities of the Desview V5 do not end there. Thanks to a memory card, you can upload as many as 150 custom 3D LUTs to the device, which will allow you to test a professional “film look” on the preview or experiment with unique image styling, even before you start the editing and post-production stage.
Fast Exposure Level Assessment
The Desview V5 preview monitor offers a variety of tools to help you better evaluate exposure levels while working with your camera or camcorder. Using the “Zebra”, “False Color” and “Single Color” modes, you can easily determine which elements of the frame are too bright and which are too dark. These tools will come in handy wherever poor lighting conditions prevent you from accurately assessing the exposure of, among other things, the skin or faces of the filmed characters.
Working with the Desview V5 preview monitor will help you set up your frames with precision. The device allows you to use the center markers of the frame (“Center Mark”) and the safe area (“Safe Area”). Among the available tools, there is also a grid that can be superimposed on the preview. The monitor also offers support for different anamorphic aspect ratios. The feature will enable comfortable work with custom lenses to achieve an even more cinematic “movie look.”
Brightness level control
Among the tools that the Desview V5 preview monitor offers, there is also a histogram. It shows the distribution of luminance and allows you to identify the overexposed or underexposed area of the frame. The tool provides visual information about the tonal range of an image, helping to preserve detail in both the dark and light spaces of your shots. Tools such as “Waveform” (“waveform monitor”), “Waveform RGB” and “Vectroscope” will also help you assess brightness levels correctly.
- model: Desview V5
- screen: 5.5″
- resolution: 1920 x 1080
- screen aspect ratio: 16:9
- brightness: 2800 nits
- viewing angle: 178º
- color gamut: 99.5% DCI-P3
- contrast: 1000:1
- HDMI input
- HDMI output
- mini Jack 3.5 mm
- memory card port (SD)
- HDMI input signal format:
- 4096x2160p @ 23.98, 24, 25 Hz
- 3840x2160p @ 23.98, 24, 25 Hz
- 1920x1080p @ 23.93, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60 Hz
- 1920x1080i @ 50, 59.94, 60 Hz
- 1280x720p @ 50, 59.94, 60 Hz
- video file format: .MP4 (max single file size: 3.6 GB)
- Audio sampling rate: 48 KHz
- LUT filter file format: .cube
- software update: via SD card
- voltage: DC 6.5 – 16.8 volts
- power consumption: ≤ 12W
- material of construction: aluminum alloy
- dimensions: 154.4 x 92.1 x 29.8 mm
- weight: 318 g
- Desview V5 preview monitor
- cold foot mount
- HDMI / HDMI cable
- HDMI / micro HDMI cable
- D-Tap cable
- SD SD memory card (32 GB)
- adapter for microSD / SD memory card
- allen wrench
- microfiber cloth