The FeiyuTech F2 Scorp is a lightweight and innovative gimbal designed specifically for DSLR and mirrorless cameras weighing up to 2.5kg. The expandable stand will allow you to forget about the tripod, and two handles will allow you to comfortably and stably guide the camera in different settings. The device can be controlled from the touch screen and the built-in joystick or via a new mobile application. On the body of the gimbal there are additional mounting points with 1/4″ threads, support for the follow focus system and an ergonomic knob for controlling the movements of the motors, as well as zoom and focus. Automated movements and special modes will allow you to realize complex shots and discover new layers of creativity. The built-in rechargeable battery will provide up to 13 hours of continuous use.
Main Product Features
- Handheld gimbal designed to work with VDSLR and DSLR cameras weighing up to 2.5 kg
- Innovative “technology” and a built-in rechargeable battery will provide up to 13 hours of uninterrupted operation
- Integrated “anti-shake” technology for even better image stabilization
- Performance processor
- high performance processor supporting advanced stabilization algorithms for ultra-precise motion control
- precise joystick control
- precise joystick for convenient movement control
- convenient settings control
- convenient control of settings from the touch screen built into one of the handles
- an expandable stand built into the gimbal
- additional handle that also serves as a tripod
- Possibility to connect an external follow focus module (used to control zoom or focus)
- Feiyu SCORP mobile app (available on Google Play and App Store)
- 5 multi-axis modes (panning, lock, tracking, multi-axis tracking and quick response)
- Special quick response mode that allows you to set the gimbal to follow the operator’s movements even more dynamically
- 8 special creative modes: timelapse (including motionlapse and hyperlapse), auto-rotation, panorama, portrait, selfie, preset motion sequence
- possibility to define 2 different gimbal settings, focus points or zoom levels and switch between them using special “A” / “B” buttons
- Multifunction “Magic Wheel” knob for controlling gimbal movements, as well as settings, focus or zoom (when working with follow focus system)
- Adjustable motor power for 3 axes (Pan, Tilt and Roll), as well as the ability to set the speed of movement
- Extendable arms allowing you to adjust the gimbal to work with larger lenses
- 5 adjustment points for ultra-precise camera balancing
- function buttons for easy adjustment
- Function buttons (“F1” and “F2”) that allow you to control assigned camera functions when the device is connected using one of the included cables
- Function buttons (“F1” and “F2”) that allow you to control assigned camera functions when the device is connected using one of the included cables
- “FPV” button for quick switching between different modes
- ergonomic buttons (including “trigger button”) for convenient operation of the device
- manage camera or camcorder parameters (aperture, ISO, focus, resolution, frame rate) for selected device models
- special sliders with red indicator allowing faster and more convenient preparation of the gimbal to work with the camera
- 1/4″ threads allowing installation on tripods, monopods or sliders
- additional mounting points with 1/4″ threads (on the gimbal and quick release)
- quick to use locks to immobilize selected axes
- up to 13 hours of operation on a single charge
- support for Quick Charge technology (just 5 minutes of charging is enough to extend the working time by 30 minutes!)
- the ability to power the gimbal from the power bank
New Quality Stabilization
The FeiyuTech brand is back with a unique stabilizer designed to work with mirrorless and DSLR cameras weighing up to 2.5kg. With two ergonomic handles, the F2 Scorp is more than just a traditional handheld gimbal. It is a versatile device that opens up completely new possibilities of work for video creators and photographers. The device uses an ultra-efficient processor and W9 algorithms that drive the innovative “anti-shake” technology. The gimbal enables even more precise control of movements and greater shock reduction. State-of-the-art electronics combined with brushless motors, a huge number of features and camera control capabilities make the Scorpion the best choice for youtubers, vloggers and video creators who value intuitive operation and ultra-mobility.
The name of the new flagship from FeiyuTech did not come from nowhere. The gimbal’s distinctive shape resembles a scorpion getting ready to attack, but rest assured, you don’t have to fear it. Instead of a venomous spike, it offers a touchscreen LCD that will give you quick and convenient access to all the functions of the device. With its help you can quickly configure axis movements, modes, stabilization options and parameters related to the camera you are using. Depending on the model of device you are using for filming or photography, you can manage the shutter release, start recording, change the aperture and ISO, and set the focus and zoom when using the follow focus system. Combined with the “Magic Wheel” dial, you get a powerful tool that will enable you to work comfortably and conveniently.
Ideally balanced camera
Five points of balance adjustment and extendable arms allow you to perfectly balance your camera. This task will be even easier thanks to ergonomic locks and special movable red dot markers, with which you can determine the optimum position for the rails. A seemingly small innovation will make the preparation of the gimbal for work never again be a long and tiring ritual! The device will perfectly cope with larger cameras and lenses. If working with a gimbal is a completely new experience for you, take a look at the instructional videos available from the special Feiyu SCORP application. Thanks to short step-by-step videos, you will learn how to prepare the device for work and learn all its functions.
The multi-tasking “Magic Wheel” will take your movie shooting experience to a whole new level. With its help, you can make precise movements in the selected axis without having to focus on the joystick or the screen. The optimum position of the wheel will allow uninterrupted movement of the camera and at the same time control of a predefined parameter. But that’s not all. The wheel allows you to manage the electronic focus or the follow focus module purchased separately. An additional accessory will allow you to create even better videos! The gimbal provides support for a single follow focus module, so you can easily change the focus point or use the zoom during challenging shots. With the FeiyuTech F2 Scorp, your personal sharpener will always be within the reach of your left hand!
Reproducible shots with a “wow”
With the FeiyuTech F2 Scorp gimbal, you’ll discover entirely new ways to tell stories with images. With 8 unique modes, you’ll get even more creative and impressive shots and photos. With the help of the gimbal you will create professional timelapses or panoramic photographs. Using the FeiyuTech F2 Scorp, you’ll program camera movements in a matter of moments, as well as change axis settings with a single click for easier portraits or selfies/selfies to be recorded.
- Timelapse – Capture the passage of time using a technique that combines photography with film.
- Hyperlapse – Program motion between two points to create a time-lapse movie in which not only the time of day or the position of the objects being filmed changes, but also the camera angle.
- Motionlapse – Program even more points that determine the position of the lens relative to the subjects you’re filming and discover new ways to tell a story with time-lapse video.
- Automatic rotation (Auto rotation) – Be like Christopher Nolan! Create unique shots where you move closer or further away from your subject while the camera rotates 360º around the lens axis.
- Panoramic (Panorama) – Take advantage of the camera’s ultra-precise stabilization to take a panorama consisting of several photos that you can easily combine into an impressive work of art.
- Programmed Motion Sequence (Track video) – Want repeatable complex shots? Program camera movements for multiple points and the device will do all the work for you with clockwork precision!
- Portrait mode (Portrait mode) – Conveniently change the orientation of the camera to create videos in portrait or classic settings.
- Selfie mode (Selfie mode) – With one click, point the lens towards you to record a vlog or take a commemorative selfie.
Always ready to work
The FeiyuTech F2 Scorp gimbal is powered by a built-in 2500 mAh battery. With the proper balance of the camera installed on the device, it provides up to 13 hours of continuous operation! You can quickly and conveniently charge the gimbal from the USB-C port. Thanks to the support for Quick Charge technology, it will take just over 1.5 hours to replenish power in the device. If you’re planning a really long day of shooting, you can easily connect the FeiyuTech F2 Scorp to a power bank too, which can power the gimbal while in use.
Predefined focus points
On the body of the F2 Scorp gimbal, you will find two buttons labeled “A” and “B”. This is another innovation that will make you love working with the new device from FeiyuTech. The buttons will allow you to define 2 selected gimbal axis settings that you can switch between with a single click. If you work with a follow focus system you will appreciate this solution even more. Thanks to the predefined focus points, you can quickly and conveniently render the depth of your frames. Two different focus settings, which you activate with a single click, provide even more convenience, without having to turn the ring every time you want to highlight a particular object in the foreground or background.
5 stabilization modes
The FeiyuTech F2 Scorp handheld gimbal for VDSLR cameras offers five different stabilization modes that allow you to adjust the device’s performance characteristics to the specific shots you want to take. State-of-the-art anti-shake algorithms and finely tuned brushless motors allow you to achieve the perfect smoothness of movements, varying response speeds and repositioning of the camera within the selected axes.
- Panning Mode (PF) – In this mode, the camera smoothly follows the rotation of the handle while maintaining a fixed position relative to the horizon line.
- Lock mode (Lock) – the camera lens maintains a fixed direction – rotation on all axes is locked in a defined position.
- Tracking mode (PTF) – in this mode the camera smoothly follows the rotation of the handle and in up-down directions.
- Mode of multi-axis tracking (FPV) – the camera lens smoothly follows the movement of the gimbal handle in all three axes.
- Fast response mode (FFW) – the camera quickly and dynamically follows the rotation of the handle while maintaining a constant position relative to the horizon line.
Even more uses
At the bottom of the device you will find a 1/4″ thread that will allow you to conveniently install the gimbal on a tripod, slider or monopod. Thanks to this, working with the device does not have to be limited only to “hand-held” shots! Combining the gimbal with camera taps or sliders will open up completely new possibilities of image creation! For the sake of the highest comfort of work we also took care of an additional handle, which you will find in the set. It will allow you to hold the gimbal with both hands providing even more confidence in camera movements. It also serves as a tripod, which will be useful during balancing. But that’s not all! If your film travel requires restrictions on the amount of equipment you can take with you, the tripod will be replaced by folding legs of the Scorpion!
The Feiyu SCORP app
The Feiyu SCORP app, which you can find in the Google Play and App Store stores, allows you to control the device remotely, as well as personalize all its settings. It will allow you to configure the sensitivity of the motors and response speed, automatically calibrate the gimbal, download software updates, and run the joystick on the touch screen of your smartphone. Feiyu SCORP will also let you manage the functions of your compatible camera when you connect it to the gimbal using one of the included cables.
The perfect travel companion
When you choose the FeiyuTech F2 Scorp handheld gimbal for VDSLR cameras, you get a handy padded zippered carrying case. It allows you to safely store your device and additional accessories. Inside you will find ergonomic compartments to keep your gear in place, even on long trips over bumpy roads. The manufacturer also took care of optimal use of the interior of the upper part of the case. Velcro fastened dividers will allow you to separate small accessories, so that during your film or photographic expeditions, you will not have to search for them in pockets or at the bottom of the backpack. Everything you need to ensure perfect image stabilization is packed into one case!
- cameras and camcorders with a maximum weight of 2500g
- support additional features when you connect your camera to the gimbal using the cables included in the kit:
- Sony: RX100 III, RX100 IV, RX100M5A, RX100 VI, RX100 VII, ZV-1, DSC-WX500, DSC-HX90, DSC-RX10 III, DSC-RX10 IV, ZV-E10, a6100, a6300, a6400, a6500, a6600, a7S, a7S II, a7R, a7R II, a7R III, a7R IV, a7R M4A, a7 II (A7M2), a7 III (A7M3), a9, a9 II, a7C, a1, a7S III, FX3
- Canon: EOS M50, EOS M50 Mark II, EOS M6 Mark II, Powershot G7 X Mark III, EOS 200D II, EOS 850D, EOS 80D, EOS 90D, EOS 6D, EOS 6D Mark II, EOS 5D Mark III, EOS 5D Mark IV, EOS 5DS R, EOS RP, EOS R, EOS R5, EOS R6
- Panasonic: GH5S, GH5, GH4, G9, S5
- Nikon: Z7, Z7 II, Z5, Z6, Z6 II, Z50, D7500
- Fujifilm: X-T20, X-T30, X-A5, X-A7, X-T100, X-H1, X-T3, X-T4, X-S10, X-T200, X-E3
- Sigma: FP
Adoptive LIST OF ALL MODELS OF SUPPORTED DEVICES AND FUNCTIONS AVAILABLE ON THE MANUFACTURER’S WEBSITE
- Model: FeiyuTech F2 Scorp
- Operating voltage: 6.8V – 8.4V
- battery: built-in (2500 mAh)
- working time on one charge: up to 13 h
- charging time: about 1.6 h (support for Quick Charge up to 18 W)
- screen: touchscreen (1.3″)
- touch screen + joystick
- feiyu SCORP mobile app available on Google Play and App Store
- axis rotation range:
- Tilt: 340°
- Roll: 340°
- Pan: 360°
- 1 x USB-C port for charging the gimbal
- 1 x USB-C port to connect follow focus motor responsible for focus or zoom
- 1 x USB-C port to connect to the camera
- mounting points:
- 1/4″ thread (allows you to screw in the included fold-out tripod that acts as a handle)
- a 1/4″ thread located on the mounting plate, allowing the installation of a lens support
- a 1/4″ thread allowing installation of an ARRI-standard multifunctional rosette adapter mount
- folded: 314.4 x 210.7 x 240.3 mm
- folded: 280.8 x 263.6 x 68.1 mm
- quick-assembly plate: 115 x 38 x 10 mm
- spacer plate: 50 x 38 x 14 mm
- lifting capacity: 2.5 kg
- weight: 1200 g
- FeiyuTech F2 Scorp handheld gimbal for VDSLR cameras
- folding and unscrewable tripod that also serves as a handle
- a quick-release plate for the camera
- Quick-mount plate (Arca-Swiss standard)
- spacer plate (Arca-Swiss standard)
- distance plate (Arca-Swiss standard)
- lens cover
- screw for lens mount
- set of screws for mounts
- stiffened carrying case
- a set of cables:
- USB 2.0 – USB-C
- USB-C – Micro USB
- USB-C – TRS (2.5 mm)
- USB-C – USB-C port
- USB-C – remote shutter release port (Sony)
- USB-C – 2.5 mm remote shutter release port (Panasonic)