The Laova 15mm f/4.5 Zero-D Shift is, at the time of its release, the world’s widest perspective correction lens for full-frame cameras with the Nikon F bayonet. The engineers at Venus Optics have once again pushed the boundaries of the photography world. Near-zero distortion, ±11mm correction, 360° Shift Module rotation and outstanding image quality make this lens ideal for architecture and interior photography. Shooting skyscrapers has never been as easy and fun as it is now.
Main Features of the Laowa 15mm f/4.5 Zero-D Shift Lens
- the widest full-frame Shift lens in the world
- shift range of ±11 mm
- 360° rotation of the Shift module, makes it easy to create panoramas
- Maximum image field ⌀65 mm covers medium format sensors such as Fujifilm GFX
- Zero-D, or near-zero distortion
- Exceptional image quality
- extremely short focusing distance of 20 cm
- exceptional image quality
- an aperture design that creates a star filter effect (10-pointed stars)
World’s widest “Shift”
The angle of view of the Laowa 15mm f/4.5 Zero-D Shift lens is 110°. The wide perspective gives photographers great flexibility when shooting architecture and interiors in confined and tight spaces.
The maximum lens shift value is ±11 mm for a full-frame camera and ±8 mm for a medium format camera (e.g. Fujifilm GFX / Hasselblad X1D). The Shift option allows photographers to easily correct perspective to eliminate distortion and achieve straight lines in their images.
The ±11mm maximum shift value gives photographers the ability to create extremely precise and wide panoramic images.
Medium Format Compatibility
The Laowa 15mm f/4.5 Zero-D Shift lens offers a very large image field (65mm), so it will also easily cover the sensors of medium format cameras . Currently it is the widest lens of this type for Fujifilm GFX.
Laova 15mm f/4.5 Zero-D Shift on Fujifilm GFX50R (medium format)
No vignetting at 8mm shift
Laova 15mm f/4.5 Zero-D Shift on Fujifilm GFX50R camera (medium format)
Very mild vignetting at shifts above 8mm
Exceptional image quality
The heart of the lens consists of 17 optical elements arranged in 11 groups. Two aspherical lenses, three extra-low dispersion glasses and new coatings reduce chromatic aberration, distortion, flare and flare to an invisible minimum to the naked eye.
The image generated by the lens is full of detail, color and contrast. Venus Optics Zero-D lenses are ideal for architectural photography because all straight lines are preserved.
A close encounter with reality
The minimum focusing distance allows you to approach the subject at a distance of 20 cm. This creates many interesting possibilities for macro photography and makes it easier to create multi-plane frames with a unique perspective.
Perfect 10-point stars
When you close the 5-blade aperture, you get the effect of aesthetically pleasing and well-defined 10-point “stars”. They appear in the photo in place of the sun or other light sources, such as street lamps, car headlights or Christmas tree lights.
An additional ring allows you to rotate the lens 360° and reposition the Shift mechanism. This feature makes it easy to take a complex series of panoramic shots in both horizontal and vertical positions.
Venus Optics has designed a special bracket that allows the Laowa 15mm f/4.5 Zero-D Shift lens to be mounted directly on a tripod. It keeps the optical axis unchanged, avoiding parallax error when shooting panoramic images.
Stand mount not included
100mm filter holder
For photographers and filmmakers who cannot imagine working without ND filters, Laowa has prepared a special magnetic holder. It allows the use of large rectangular filters with a width of 100 mm.
Magnetic holder not included
- model: Venus Optics Laowa 15mm f/4.5 Zero-D Shift
- mount: Nikon F
- image coverage: full frame (35mm)
- maximum imaging field: ⌀65 mm
- shift range:
- ± 11 mm for full-frame sensor
- ± 8 mm for medium format sensor
- Shift module rotation: 360°
- focal length: 15 mm
- viewing angle: 110° (127.6° when using the shift option)
- minimum aperture: f/4.5
- maximum aperture: f/22
- number of aperture blades: 5
- optical design: 17 elements in 11 groups
- 2 aspherical lenses
- 3 low dispersion lenses
- minimum focusing distance: 20 cm
- focusing: manual
- Dimensions: ⌀79 x 103 mm
- weight: 690 g
- colour: black
- Venus Optics Laowa 15mm f/4.5 Zero-D Shift lens for Nikon F
- decorative lens for Nikon F
- decal for the front of the lens
- decal for the back of the lens