The Laowa 50mm f/2.8 2X Ultra Macro APO is the first lens in the world developed for the Micro 4/3 system (MFT) to offer a maximum reproduction scale of 2:1. Apochromatic optical design, built-in processor and aperture control motor from the camera, light weight and compact size all combine to make the ideal lens for macro photography.
Explore unseen beauty with the Laowa 50mm f/2.8 2X Ultra Macro lens!
Main features of the Laowa 50mm f/2.8 2X Ultra Macro lens
- the first lens with a 2:1 reproduction scale for the Micro 4/3 system
- a lens equipped with a processor (transmits EXIF data) and an aperture-shift motor
- a lens with a processor (transmits EXIF data) and an aperture-shift motor
- chromatic aberration reduced to an invisible minimum to the naked eye
- Super lightweight and compact design
- developed for Micro 4/3 system (Panasonic, Olympus, BMPCC 4K)
Amazing 2:1 reproduction scale
While most macro lenses for the Micro 4/3 system offer a 1:1 reproduction scale, the engineers at Venus Optics decided to go a step further and create the first macro lens to offer a maximum magnification of 2:1, with a minimum focusing distance of 13.5cm. This is the first design of its kind for MFT users. With it you won’t miss even the smallest details.
The perfect portrait lens
This lens is a true macro beast. However, that doesn’t mean that macro photography is the only area in which it excels. The ability to focus to infinity and a focal length of 50 mm (100 mm equivalent for full frame) makes it also a fantastic portrait lens, allowing you to obtain a beautiful blur of the background, complimenting the photographed person.
Automatic aperture and EXIF data
Laowa is known for its fully manual designs. However, this unique piece is a bit different. The lens is equipped with a processor and a motor, which allows you to control the aperture from the camera and fully record EXIF data.
Apochromatic optical design (APO)
The modern optical design of the lens has made it possible to virtually eliminate the occurrence of bothersome chromatic aberrations. Photos taken with this lens are razor-sharp, clear, and colors are vivid and true to nature. Postproduction of such source files is a pure pleasure.
Compact and lightweight housing
As befits a design created specifically for the Micro 4/3 system, the Laowa 50mm f/2.8 Ultra Macro is an extremely lightweight and compact lens. With a weight of 240 g and a length of less than 8 cm, it will certainly take its well-deserved place in a small photography bag.
A lens made for the MFT system
After the success of macro lenses created by Venus Optics for full-frame cameras and those with APS-C sensors, it’s time to conquer the world of Micro 4/3. The new Laowa 50 mm f/2.8 2X Ultra Macro lens is the perfect choice for photographers who own mirrorless cameras from brands such as Panasonic, Olympus and Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K.
- model: Venus Optics Laowa 50mm f/2.8 2X Ultra Macro
- mount: Micro 4/3
- focal length: 50 mm (100 mm full-frame equivalent)
- angle of view: 24°
- minimum aperture: f/2.8
- maximum aperture: f/22
- number of blades
- number of aperture blades: 7
- image coating: MFT
- optical design: 14 elements in 10 groups (including 3 ED lenses)
- minimum focusing distance: 13.5 cm
- maximum focusing distance: infinity
- resolution scale: 2:1
- focusing: manual
- filter diameter: 49 mm
- Dimensions: ⌀53.5 x 79 mm
- weight: 240 g
- colour: black
- Venus Optics Laowa 50mm f/2.8 2X Ultra Macro lens for Micro 4/3
- decal for the front of the lens
- decal for the back of the lens
- sun hood