The Laowa CA-Dreamer 100mm f/2.8 Macro 2:1 is a classic 100mm macro lens, but in a new guise. Like its predecessor, it offers a reproduction scale and apochromatic imaging characteristics unmatched by its competitors. This is a lens that will become your favorite companion on your journey into the world of macro photography and an indispensable tool for creating fantastic portraits. New for this model is a stepless manual aperture, which is a big advantage for users from the world of film.
Closer than the competition
The 100mm is one of the most common focal lengths among macro photography lenses. Most such designs offer a reproduction scale of 1:1. But not Laowa! Designers have once again gone a step further by creating a unique lens of comparable size, but with a magnification ratio twice as high as 2:1. Thanks to it you won’t miss even the smallest details.
The lens’ apochromatic construction is designed for the best image quality. The 12 lenses arranged in 10 groups guarantee an image pleasing to the eye with proper sharpness and microcontrast. Thanks to three special elements, chromatic aberration is reduced to a minimum in both the sharp and out-of-focus areas.
From a grain of sand to the desert
With its maximum reproduction ratio of 2:1, the Laowa CA-Dreamer 100 mm f/2.8 allows you to photograph subjects as small as a grain of sand. However, this does not mean that macro photography is the only area of this lens. The infinity focus capability will allow you to capture fantastic portraits against blurred backgrounds, as well as show off the beauty of the surrounding world in landscape shots.
Full control while filming
The Laowa CA-Dreamer 100mm f/2.8 with Canon EF mount features a stepless aperture controlled from the lens body. Sharpening is carried out manually by means of a smoothly operating setting ring. This gives you precise control over the look of your shot or movie. All lens settings are transmitted to the camera in the EXIF data.
The kit includes a set of useful accessories: front and back lens caps, sunshield and UV filter. In addition, the lens can be equipped with an optional tripod mount.
- model: Laowa CA-Dreamer 100 mm f/2.8 Macro 2:1 for Canon EF – manual aperture
- mount: Canon EF
- optical design: 12 elements in 10 groups
- focal length: 100 mm
- minimum aperture: f/2.8
- maximum aperture: f/2.8
- maximum aperture: f/22
- viewing angle: 24.4°
- image coverage: full frame
- number of aperture blades: 9
- minimum focusing distance: 24.7 cm (2:1 reproduction scale)
- maximum focusing distance: infinity
- maximum reproduction scale: 2:1
- focusing: manual
- filter diameter: 67 mm
- dimensions: 12.5 x ⌀7.2 cm (without the part going inside the camera)
- weight: 638 g (without accessories)
- Laowa CA-Dreamer 100 mm f/2.8 Macro 2:1 lens for Canon EF – manual aperture
- Venus Optics Laowa UV filter – 67 mm
- decal for the front of the lens
- decal for the back of the lens