The Venus Optics Laowa 10mm T2.1 Cine is a bright fixed-focal-length lens designed for filmmakers and photographers who use cameras, camcorders or drones equipped with the Micro 4/3 socket. The glass will allow you to obtain eye-pleasing background blurs and enable effective work in low light. This model is ideal for shooting wide shots (96º field of view) or architectural photography, with near-zero distortion. Focusing from just 12cm away, it is ideal for close-ups and offers easier control of shallow depth of field for wider shots. Care has also been taken to provide stepless aperture and pinion adjustments that are compatible with popular follow focus systems. You also get a sturdy carrying case included in the kit.
Main Product Features
- wide and bright 10mm fixed focal length lens
- compatible with cameras, camcorders and drones equipped with Micro 4/3 socket
- a great choice for video makers and photographers alike
- High relative brightness of T2.1 for comfort in low-light conditions
- Wide field of view of T2.1
- A wide 96º field of view
- A nearly zero-distance field of view
- virtually zero distortion (Zero-D technology)
- stepless, step-less optical alignment
- stepless aperture ring for smooth control
- minimum focusing distance
- minimum focusing distance of just 12cm
- optical system comprising an optical system with a lens barrel
- optical system composed of 11 elements in 7 groups
- focus rings for smooth control
- focus and aperture rings equipped with gears compatible with follow focus systems (0.8 MOD)
- enables eye-pleasing background blur
- 49mm diameter thread for convenient filter mounting
- portable and lightweight
- portable and lightweight (weighs only 150 g)
- decals on the lens
- shields on the front and back of the lens to protect the lens
- included watertight seal
- includes a weatherproof, sealed carrying case
The angle of view of the Venus Optics Laowa 10mm T2.1 Cine for Micro 4/3 lens is 96º. This makes it an ideal travel companion for filmmakers and photographers who want to show the beauty of landscapes in frames. The glass will also be great for filming large spaces from drones. The wide perspective will also provide great flexibility when shooting architecture and interiors, in confined or tight spaces.
The Venus Optics Laowa 10mm T2.1 Cine lens for Micro 4/3 is another glass in the brand’s range that uses innovative Zero-D technology. Thanks to it, horizontal and vertical lines remain constant in their planes. Maintaining the correct geometry will be especially appreciated by people who film or photograph architecture.
The optical system of the Venus Optics Laowa 10 mm T2.1 Cine lens for Micro 4/3 allows you to focus from a minimum distance of 12 cm. This allows you to film and photograph not only open spaces and picturesque landscapes, but also smaller subjects that need to be approached. Capture detail and beautiful portraits with a sharp foreground and blurred background. Focusing at 12cm will give you greater working flexibility and shallow depth of field control for wider perspectives.
Ideal for video makers
The Venus Optics Laowa 10mm T2.1 Cine for Micro 4/3 is a lens specifically designed with filmmakers in mind. The focus and iris rings are equipped with 0.8 MOD gears, which are compatible with the most popular follow focus systems. The manufacturer has also taken care of stepless adjustment. Thanks to it, you can smoothly and noiselessly change the aperture value during video recording. All these solutions will certainly make the work on film shots easier.
Versatile and bright
Thanks to its compact dimensions and a weight of only 175 g, the Venus Optics Laowa 10 mm T2.1 Cine lens for Micro 4/3 can be successfully combined not only with cameras and camcorders, but also with drones. The glass will be perfect for vlogging or recording b-roll video footage. One lens is enough to take care of both wide and close up film sets. The high relative brightness of T2.1 is constant over the entire focal range. This allows you to successfully take planned shots, even in very low light.
A pleasing to the eye background blur
With a full aperture opening to T2.1, you’ll get a shallow depth of field. The Venus Optics Laowa 10mm T2.1 Cine lens for Micro 4/3 lets you shoot video and stills with beautiful background blur. You’ll be able to make the main subject stand out and achieve the desired effect, even in limited light. A 5-blade aperture ensures spectacular bokeh with a distinctive shape.
Included with the Venus Optics Laowa 10mm T2.1 Cine lens for Micro 4/3 is a robust carrying case. Resistance to harsh weather conditions and a precision-cut compartment will ensure safety and peace of mind when travelling with every filmmaker and photographer’s precious “jars”.
- model: Venus Optics Laowa 10mm T2.1 Cine for Micro 4/3
- mount: Micro 4/3
- focal length: 10 mm
- T-Stop range: T2.1 – T22
- Aperture control
- Aperture control: continuously variable
- focusing: manual
- field of view: 96º
- imaging area: 21.6 mm
- optical design: manual
- optical construction: 11 elements in 7 groups (including 2 ED glass elements and 2 aspherical glass elements)
- number of blades
- number of aperture blades: 5
- minimum focusing distance: 12 cm
- maximum reproduction: 0.15 x
- filter diameter: Ø49 mm
- dimensions: Ø56 x 47 mm
- weight: 150 g
- colour: black
- Venus Optics Laowa 10mm T2.1 Cine lens for Micro 4/3
- Tight carrying case
- decal for the front of the lens
- decal for the back of the lens