The Venus Optics Laowa 17mm T1.9 Cine is a bright fixed focal length lens designed for videographers and photographers who use Micro 4/3 socket cameras, camcorders or drones. A relative aperture of T1.9 will provide optimum comfort when filming in low light conditions. The lens produces pleasing background blurs with excellent foreground separation. Sharpening from a distance of 15 cm will provide great flexibility and easier control of shallow depth of field with a wider perspective. As befits a film lens, there is no shortage of stepless aperture adjustment and gears compatible with popular follow focus systems. A sturdy carrying case is also included.
Main Product Features
- bright 17mm fixed focal length lens
- compatible with cameras, camcorders and drones equipped with Micro 4/3 socket
- a great choice for video makers and photographers alike
- high relative brightness of T1.9 provides comfort in low-light conditions
- stepless aperture ring adjustment for smooth control
- minimum focusing distance of just 15cm
- optical system composed of 9 elements in 7 groups
- focus and aperture rings equipped with gears compatible with follow focus systems (0.8 MOD)
- enables eye-pleasing background blur
- 49mm diameter thread for convenient filter mounting
- portable and lightweight (weighs just 175g)
- shields on the front and back of the lens to protect the lens
- includes a weatherproof, sealed carrying case
Built for filmmakers
The Venus Optics Laowa 17mm T1.9 Cine for Micro 4/3 is a lens created specifically with filmmakers in mind. It is equipped with 0.8 MOD gears, which are compatible with the most popular follow focus systems. The manufacturer has also taken care of stepless adjustment. Thanks to it you can smoothly and noiselessly change the aperture value while filming. All these solutions will certainly facilitate work on video materials.
Filming and shooting up close
Do you want a versatile lens that will not only allow you to film in wide shots, but also capture detail and record beautiful portraits with a sharp foreground and blurred background? The Venus Optics Laowa 17mm T1.9 Cine for Micro 4/3 will be the perfect choice! The minimum focusing distance here is just 15 cm. Focusing from such a close distance will give you more working flexibility and shallow depth of field control with a wider perspective.
Bright and versatile
With its compact size and 175 g weight, the Venus Optics Laowa 17 mm T1.9 Cine lens is not only compatible with cameras and camcorders equipped with a Micro 4/3 socket, but also with drones. You will also successfully use it to record b-roll video footage, which will include both wide and close-up movie sets. The high relative brightness of T1.9 is constant over the entire focal range. This allows you to successfully take planned shots in very low light conditions.
Beautiful bokeh and background blur
With a full T1.9 aperture you can achieve a shallow depth of field. This allows you to shoot video and stills with a blurred background so you can emphasise different elements of the frame. A bright lens means you can highlight the main subject of a shot and achieve great results, even when light is limited. A 7-blade aperture will also produce beautiful curved bokeh.
As befits a representative of the professional Laowa Cine line, created especially with filmmakers in mind, the Venus Optics Laowa 17mm T1.9 to Micro 4/3 lens has been given a special carrying case, which is included in the kit. Resistance to harsh weather conditions and a precision-cut compartment will ensure safety and peace of mind when transporting every filmmaker’s precious “jars”.
- Model: Venus Optics Laowa 17 mm T1.9 Cine for Micro 4/3
- Mount: Micro 4/3
- Focal length: 17 mm
- T-Stop range: T1.9 – T22
- Aperture control: continuously variable
- Focusing: manual
- Field of view: 65º
- Imaging area: 21.6 mm
- Optical construction: 9 elements in 7 groups (including one element made of ED glass)
- Number of aperture blades: 7
- Minimum focusing distance: 15 cm
- Resolution scale: 0.2 x
- Filter mount: Ø49 mm
- Dimensions: Ø56 x 53 mm
- Weight: 175 g
- Colour: black
- Venus Optics Laowa 17mm T1.9 Cine lens for Micro 4/3
- tight carrying case
- decal for the front of the lens