The Venus Optics Laowa C&D-Dreamer 9 mm is a fixed f/2.8 wide-angle lens designed for mirrorless cameras with APS-C sensor and Fujifilm X mount. Despite its short focal length, it offers very good control of distortion and chromatic aberration and superb sharpness from centre to edge.
The lens offers a very wide angle of view of 113°, equivalent to a 14mm full frame lens. The optical system of the lens consists of fifteen elements arranged in ten groups. Three low dispersion lenses and two aspherical lenses provide superior imaging quality from the centre to the edges of the frame. Depth of field is controlled by a 7-blade diaphragm and a stepped aperture ring, and the minimum focus distance is just 12 centimetres. The front lens is coated with “Frog Eye Coating” to protect it from dust and dirt, and its low profile and 49mm thread allow filters to be mounted.
The lens’ compact dimensions and low weight of just 215 grams make it ideal for everyday use and when filming with drones and gimbals.
- model: C&D-Dreamer 9mm f/2.8
- mount: Fujifilm X
- focal length: 9 mm
- angle of view: 113°
- minimum aperture: f/2.8
- maximum aperture: f/22
- number of aperture blades: 7
- image coverage: APS-C
- optical construction: 15 elements in 10 groups
- minimum focusing distance: 12 cm
- focusing: manual
- filter mount: 49 mm
- dimensions: 4.9 x ⌀5.5 cm (excluding the part that goes inside the camera)
- weight: 215 g (without accessories)
- colour: black
- Laowa C&D-Dreamer 9 mm f/2.8 lens for Fujifilm X
- sun hood
- decal cap for front of lens