The Laowa 12mm f/2.8 Zero-D is the world’s widest lens with f/2.8 brightness and near-zero image distortion.
Its extremely wide angle of view (122°) and high brightness make the lens ideal for a wide range of applications from landscape photography to travel photography to astrophotography. The lens’ low distortion and accurate line reproduction will especially appeal to photographers specialising in architecture and interior photography.
The optical construction of the lens consists of sixteen elements arranged in ten groups. Three low dispersion lenses and two aspherical lenses provide edge-to-edge imaging performance throughout the frame, even at wide open apertures. The front lens is treated with “Frog Eye Coating” to protect it from dust and dirt, and a built-in mount allows attachment of an optional filter adapter.
The smallest dimensions and lowest weight, among similar designs, make the Laowa 12mm f/2.8 Zero-D the ideal lens for ‘everyday’ use.
- model: D-Dreamer 12mm f/2.8 Zero-D
- mount: Nikon F
- focal length: 12 mm
- angle of view: 121.96°
- minimum aperture: f/2.8
- maximum aperture: f/22
- number of aperture blades: 7
- image coverage: full frame (35mm)
- optical construction: 16 elements in 10 groups
- minimum focusing distance: 18 cm
- focusing: manual
- dimensions: 8.3 x ⌀7.5 cm
- weight: 609 g
- colour: black
- filter attachment: optional Laowa 100 mm filter holder
- Laowa D-Dreamer 12 mm f/2.8 Zero-D lens
- sun visor
- decal for the front of the lens
- decal for the back of the lens