The Yongnuo YN508 is an innovative LED ring light constructed from two independent panels. Connected together, they form a ring with a diameter of 40 cm, while disconnected they can serve as two separate light sources.
Each panel consists of 240 high-performance LEDs emitting light with a colour temperature of 5500 K. The natural characteristics of the light emitted are demonstrated by the high CRI (95+). A diffusion panel on the front of the lamp protects the LEDs from damage while diffusing the light and giving it a pleasant softness.
The interconnected panels offer the possibility to mount a smartphone in the central part of the ring, thus facilitating photography and filming.
Control of the flash can be carried out via the control panels and wirelessly using a mobile app on a smartphone. The app allows grouping and control of the operating parameters of multiple lamps simultaneously.
The YN508 panels can be powered by 12 V / 2 A mains power supplies or NP-F series lithium-ion batteries (one power supply/battery per panel). The two power supply options and the ability to configure the panels as desired make the flash a versatile unit that works well in the studio as well as in the field.
Each panel is equipped with three standard 1/4″ mounts for mounting on a photo tripod or combining them. The included adapter also allows the lamp to be mounted on a lighting tripod with a 16mm diameter mandrel and the angle of the lamp can be adjusted.
- single panel dimensions: 42 x 21 x 4 cm (without accessories)
- weight of single panel: 500 g (without accessories)
- number of LEDs on each panel: 240 LEDs
- colour temperature of the emitted light: 5500 K
- coefficient of emitted light: CRI > 95
- lighting angle of the LEDs: 55°
- power: 36.5 W
- luminous flux: 3720 lm
- wireless control range: up to 15 m
- Bluetooth module for control via mobile app
- battery power: NP-F series batteries
- mains power: 12 V, 2 A DC mains adapters (e.g. Yongnuo FJ-SW1202000E)
- 2 lamp panels Yongnuo YN508 – WB (5500 K)
- a set of plates and screws to connect the panels
- adapter for attaching the lamp to lighting tripods