The Saramonic Vmic5 Pro is an enhanced version of the acclaimed Vmic5 condenser microphone, which is designed primarily for use with DSLR cameras, mirrorless cameras, camcorders and audio recorders. This model offers even more practical features, such as “Gain Control” gain, high-pass filter and high frequency boost. All these tools will allow you to record voice and other sounds in even better quality. The microphone can be mounted on a threaded quick-release clamp or a cold shoe, and a specially designed shock-absorbing system neutralizes unwanted shocks and vibrations. The high-capacity rechargeable battery guarantees up to 150 hours of work time, and the additional 3.5 mm mini jack output provides professional, latency-free listening.
Main Product Features
- Capacitive super-cardioid microphone
- ideal for use with DSLR, mirrorless and video cameras
- fast and convenient installation with a cold shoe
- Super-cardioid microphone characteristic enables reduction of unwanted background noise
- equipped with a 2-stage high-pass filter (75 Hz or 150 Hz)
- offering 3-stage “Gain Control” gain (-10 dB, 0 dB, + 20 dB)
- possibility to use high frequency boost function (+ 5 dB) for better dialogue clarity
- enriched with “Automatic Power On/Off” function (automatically turns off after disconnection from the recording device while saving settings)
- provides low frequency reduction
- Specially designed “Robust Shock” cushioning system to isolate vibrations and shocks
- Headphone port
- headphone input for lag-free audio monitoring
- no latency or distracting echo in listening
- built-in 2000 mAh battery for up to 150 hours of microphone use
- fast charging via USB-C port
Exceptional sound quality
Choose the Saramonic Vmic5 Pro condenser shotgun microphone for cameras and camcorders. You can conveniently connect it to devices equipped with a 3.5 mm (TRS) mini jack socket, gaining broadcast quality sound in your video productions! Thanks to its directional super-cardioid characteristic, you will effectively reduce unwanted ambient sounds, capturing primarily what you hear in the foreground, but also picking up audio from the area behind the microphone.
Multitude of functions
Ergonomic buttons located on the back of the housing and the use of illuminated indicators will allow you to quickly and conveniently prepare the microphone for use in specific conditions. The device is equipped with a 2-stage high-pass filter (75 Hz or 150 Hz), which will help to cut off unwanted sounds. Depending on your recording environment, you can select from 3 levels of “Gain Control” (-10 dB, 0 dB, + 20 dB). The Vmic5 Pro also offers a high-frequency boost (+ 5 dB), allowing you to maintain greater voice clarity when recording conversations.
Always ready to work
When working with a microphone in the field, there isn’t always time to configure settings. Sometimes, in order not to miss an important speech, the equipment must be ready to record within seconds. The Saramonic Vmic5 Pro offers a unique “Automatic Power On/Off” feature. With this feature, the microphone will automatically turn off when unplugged from the recording device. However, when reconnected, it will still remember the last selected settings, such as signal gain and high pass filter.
Shockwave Reduction System
The Saramonic Vmic5 Pro condenser microphone features the revolutionary “Robust Shock” shock reduction system. The ergonomic design of the unit’s housing helps to isolate the capsule from unwanted movements, clicks or knocks that could interfere with sound quality during recording.
Comfortable operation with the Saramonic Vmic5 Pro microphone is ensured by the built-in 2000 mAh battery. Fully charged, it will provide up to 150 hours of continuous use. And when you happen to forget to replenish the power in the microphone, simply reach for the power bank and use the USB-C port, which is not missing on the housing of the device!
Monitoring without delay
Audio recording often requires the quality control that headphones provide. The housing of the Saramonic Vmic5 Pro condenser microphone didn’t lack a 3.5mm mini jack socket, which you can easily connect them to. The monitoring is done in real time, so it is not accompanied by any delays and unpleasant echoes.
- model: Saramonic Vmic5 Pro
- type: capacitive
- characteristic: super-cardioid
- bandwidth: 20 – 20 kHz
- sampling frequency: 48 kHz
- sensitivity: -14 ± 3 dB (0 dB = 1V / Pa at 1 KHz)
- signal to noise ratio: 85 dB
- impedance output: 200 ohm
- Loudness control: -10dB, 0dB, +20dB
- high pass filter: 0Hz, 75Hz, 150Hz
- maximum output level: 7.5 dBu (@ 1KHz, 1% THD to 1 kΩ)
- output: 3.5 mm TRS (mini Jack)
- SPL: 130 dBu
- Battery: 3.7 V / 2000 mAh (built-in)
- operating time on one charge: up to 120 h
- dimensions: 185 x 109 x 66 mm
- weight: 180 g
- Saramonic Vmic5 Pro condenser microphone
- foam shield
- deadcat cover
- charging cable – USB-C
- audio cable – USB-C
- audio cable – 3.5 mm TRS