The Yongnuo YN568EX III is a new version of one of the most popular flashes. Its high power, the multitude of functions offered and the possibility of remote control make it a versatile tool in the hands of every photographer. The flash is available in a version compatible with Canon or Nikon systems.
The YN568EX III reporter flash features a GN 58 flash power (ISO 100, 105 mm). The high power of the flash combined with a reduced charging time guarantees readiness for all lighting conditions. The movable torch with automatic (and manual) zoom, diffuser and reflector allow creative selection of lighting for the chosen scene.
The flash offers three modes: manual, strobe and TTL automatic (i-TTL and ETTL). It also features the HSS high-speed shutter synchronisation system (up to 1/8000 s). These extremely useful features make working in variable lighting conditions easier.
The YN568EX III allows remote triggering with flash automation and HSS, in an optical flash control system. In the Canon version, the flash can be set up as a Master and Slave unit, and can be assigned to one of 3 groups and one of 4 operating channels.
As a Master, it can remotely control Canon and Yongnuo EX series flashes (with the exception of the YN585EX).
As a Slave (Canon – Sc mode and Nikon – Sn mode), the YN568EX III can receive optical signals from Yongnuo YN600EX-RT II, YN568EX II, Canon 600EX-RT, 600EX II-RT, 580EX II flashes and Nikon and Canon (7D, 60D, 600D) built-in flashes.
The YN568EX III can also be triggered remotely by flash in S1 and S2 mode (bypassing the metering flash). This allows basic wireless communication with almost all flashes.
The unit is also compatible with most external radio triggers, such as the Yongnuo YN622, RF605 or RF603.
The built-in PC port allows the flash to be triggered using a sync cable.
An easy-to-read LCD display with backlight and intuitive and feature-rich menus ensure user comfort, while large and comfortable buttons allow the flash to be operated even when wearing gloves. It is possible to turn the beeps on and off to indicate that the flash is charged and ready to flash again.
The Yongnuo YN568EX III is powered by four universal AA batteries.
The flash has a mini USB port for software updates.
Included with the flash are a practical carrying case and a stand with 1/4″ female tripod mount.
- guide count: GN 58 (ISO 100, 105 mm)
- flash power adjustment: 1/128 – 1/1 with 1/3 EV step
- working modes: TTL / manual / strobe
- triggering options: on-camera, via external radio trigger, advanced optical system (Slave and Master), standard S1 and S2 flash triggering, PC port
- finger zoom: 20, 24, 28, 35, 50, 70, 80, 105 mm
- range of vertical movement of the torch: -7° – 90°
- range of horizontal burner movement: 180° in each direction
- burner recharge time: up to approx. 2 s
- colour temperature: -7° – -5°
- flash colour temperature: 5600 K
- flash time: 1/200 – 1/20000 s
- HSS high-speed synchronisation up to 1/8000 s
- optical trigger range: 10 – 25 m
- dimensions: 7.2 x 18.8 x 6.2 cm
- weight: 385 g (without battery)
- power supply: 4 x AA batteries (capacity: 100-1500 flashes)
- attachment: hot shoe, 1/4″ female tripod mount in flash stand
- ports: mini USB, PC
- Canon cameras equipped with an ISO standard hot shoe
- Canon cameras equipped with a PC socket (using PC sync cable)
- In optical flash control mode:
- in Master role compatible with: Canon and Yongnuo EX series flashes (except YN585EX).
- in Slave role.
- in the Slave role compatible with: Yongnuo YN600EX-RT II, YN568EX II, Canon 600EX-RT, 600EX II-RT, 580EX II, Nikon SB-700, SB-800, SB -900, SB-910 and Canon (600D, 60D, 7D) and Nikon built-in camera flashes.
- In S1 and S2 mode, compatible with most flash units on the market.
- YN568EX III flash for Canon