The Yongnuo YN 42.5 mm is a short telephoto lens for the Micro 4/3 system. A bright f/1.7 aperture and 42.5 mm focal length (85 mm full frame equivalent) provide magical background blurring and fairy tale art. It’s the ideal lens to start your portrait photography adventure. Quick and easy focusing is ensured by autofocus, supported by an SMT stepper motor.
– very bright aperture f/1.7
– typical portrait focal length 42.5 mm (85 mm full frame equivalent)
– Smooth autofocus with SMT stepper motor
– wide and comfortable manual sharpening ring
– low weight
– compact size
– excellent price/quality ratio
Lightweight and compact lens
The housing is made of lightweight components, which translates into a very low weight of the lens of 135 g. The bayonet with electronic contacts is metal and solid. The small size of this glass is sure to appeal to Micro 4/3 system users.
Autofocus and manual sharpening
The lens is equipped with an SMT stepper motor that makes focusing more accurate and smooth. Thanks to the AF/MF switch on the lens housing, we can quickly switch to manual focus mode.
The optical design of the Yongnuo lens consists of 9 lenses in 8 groups, including two ultra-low dispersion elements. ED lenses are responsible for correcting chromatic aberration. The minimum sharpening distance is 30 cm, the maximum mapping scale is 0.15x. An aperture consisting of 7 leaves closes up to a maximum of f/22. A filter, e.g. polarized or ND with a diameter of 52 mm, can be attached to the lens.
– model: Yongnuo YN 42.5 mm f/1.7
– attachment: Micro 4/3
– Focusing: SMT autofocus / manual
– focal length: 42.5 mm (full frame equivalent: 85 mm)
– minimum aperture: f/1,7
– maximum aperture: f/22
– Number of aperture leaves: 7
– Optical design: 9 elements in 8 groups
– minimum sharpening distance: 30 cm
– mapping scale: 0.15x
– filter diameter: 52 mm
– dimensions: 6.2 x 5.5 cm
– weight: 135 g
– Yongnuo YN 42.5 mm f/1.7 to Micro 4/3 lens
– lens front decal
– back lens cap