Le site Laowa OOOM lens is the first film zoom from Venus Optics. With a focal range of 25-100mm and light transmission of T2.9, it is a very versatile tool to replace several fixed focal length lenses. It’s a modern design that covers Super35+ size sensors and has interchangeable bayonets for cameras with Arri PL, Canon EF and Sony E mounts.
Main features of the Laowa OOOM 25-100mm T2.9 lens
- A versatile focal range of 25-100mm (4x optical zoom)
- Super 35+ format coverage
- parafocal design – no need to refocus after changing focal length
- minimised “breathing effect”
- high relative brightness – T2.9
- minimum focusing distance – 60 cm
- interchangeable Arri PL / Canon EF / Sony E mounts
- compatible with popular follow focus systems
- Sturdy carrying case included
The Laowa OOOM is a versatile lens for special tasks. An extremely versatile tool in the hands of a skilled operator. With a focal range of 25-100mm, you can replace several fixed focal length lenses with a single zoom. From breathtaking wide angle shots to epic close-ups of important detail.
A lens made for filmmakers
The stepless adjustment allows for smooth and soundless aperture changes during filming. The focus, aperture and zoom rings feature the popular 0.8 pitch gears used in the film industry, which are adapted to Cine Follow Focus motors.
Super35+ format coverage
The Venus Optics Laowa OOOM lens has been designed and adapted to work with cameras covering the Super35+ format. The design of this lens allows it to work seamlessly with the sensors:
- Red Monstro (6K HD) / RED Gemini (5K HD) / RED Helium (8K HD)
- Arii Alexa Mini (4K UHD)
In addition, with the optional expander it is possible to connect the lens to full frame cameras.
One lens for Arri, Canon and Sony
The Laowa OOOM lens has an Arri PL mount by default, but nothing prevents you from changing it! Canon EF and Sony E mount bayonets are included, as well as the tools needed to change them.
The parafocal lens system ensures that the plane of focus is maintained when changing the focal length of the lens. The object you have focused on will always remain sharp and clear. Never miss the perfect shot again.
Minimised “breathing effect”
An additional advantage of the Laowa OOOM lens is that the “breathing effect” is reduced to unnoticeable values. When changing focus, your composition will remain the same without distracting the viewer.
High brightness, short focus distance
A high relative brightness of T2.9 (constant over the entire focal range) allows you to shoot in very low light. And the extremely short focus distance (60cm from the camera sensor) opens up a wealth of creative composition possibilities for cinematographers.
The OOOM Effect “Out Of Our Minds”
The new lens from Laowa has its own unique character. The image it generates is a combination of modern optics providing excellent sharpness with a nostalgic vintage feel. Beautiful, natural colours, creamy bokeh and unobtrusive contrast are the perfect basis for any film production.
Conversion to full frame
With the 1.4X Expander it is possible to attach the lens to full frame cameras without compromising image quality. The expander converts the zoom range from 25-100mm to 35-140mm. The focal length scale can be switched using a dedicated button on the lens housing. A light loss of approximately 1 EV reduces the lens brightness from T2.9 to T4.
Expander not included
Rear anamorphic adapter
The special 1.33x anamorphic adapter allows you to achieve a wide-angle, cinematic screen aspect ratio (2:35:1) without sacrificing resolution or image quality. Unlike front-mount adapters, the Laowa adapter is attached to the bayonet side of the lens. This solution prevents blue flare and oval bokeh (characteristic of standard anamorphic lenses) from appearing on shot footage. The adapter can also be used with other lenses.
Anamorphic adapter not included
Sac de transport solide
Lenses from the professional Laowa Cine range are supplied in their original Peli case. These provide security and peace of mind when transporting every filmmaker’s precious ‘jars’.
The highest quality
When you buy a Venus Optics brand lens, you get an innovative product that will serve you faithfully and without fail for many years. Laowa is a guarantee of the highest quality workmanship and timeless design.
De nombreux grands photographes et cinéastes font confiance aux objectifs Laowa. Nous vous encourageons à visiter notre site web et les canaux de médias sociaux - Facebook et Instagram to see their work, and to stay up to date with every revolutionary new feature from Venus Optics.
- model: Venus Optics Laowa 25-100mm T2.9
- mount: Arri PL / Canon EF / Sony E (interchangeable bayonets)
- focal length 25-100 mm (4x zoom)
- iris ring swivel range: 50.5°
- Zoom ring rotation range: 163°
- Rotation range of zoom ring: 163°
- focus ring rotation range: 300°
- Minimum aperture: T/2.9
- Ouverture maximale : T/2.9
- Maximum aperture: T/22
- Nombre de lames
- nombre de lames d'ouverture : 9
- image coverage: Super 35+
- maximum coverage (RED): Red Monstro (6K HD) / Gemini (5K HD) / Helium (8K HD)
- maximum coverage (Arri): Alexa Mini (4K UHD)
- optical design: 20 elements in 16 groups
- minimum focusing distance: 60 cm
- resolution scale: 0.25x
- focalisation : manuelle
- filter mount: 95 mm
- front lens diameter: 100 mm (reduction ring included – 100 / 114 mm)
- dimensions: 102 x 240 mm
- poids : 2,5 kg
- couleur : noir
Contenu du kit
- Venus Optics Laowa OOOM 25-100 mm T2.9 Arri EN lens
- baggage compartment
- bagnet with Canon EF mount
- bagnet with Canon EF mount
- bagnet with Sony E mount
- decks for front and back for each mount
- pod holder
- stand mount with 3/8″
- a set of tools needed to replace the bayonet
- coffret de transport